Gear Break: New bike kit Friday: Primal Jens Voigt ‘Shut Up Legs’ range, a new era in cycling caps MAAP x New Era Cap, 100% – Rideley own the road, S-Works Prevail II Vent – Cooler heads will always prevail, the DynaPlugger – Featherweight tubeless repair kit and Swiftwick’s high-tech Flite XT socks.
Primal: THIS JUST IN Shut Up Legs!
● See the full Primal range at: https://www.primalwear.com
A New Era in Cycling Caps // MAAP x New Era Cap
When you think about caps, it’s likely that one major company springs to mind—the choice of many major sporting organisations across the world. Those two little letters, synonymous with classic craftsmanship and their iconic brim stickers.
When examining the sport of cycling, the cycling cap has become a popular accessory amongst riders over the last 60 years with few design evolutions…until now. MAAP have joined forces with New Era to reimagine the cycling cap and are proud to introduce the Stealth Performance Cap; completely redesigned with cutting edge technology encapsulated in a brand new design.
When ideating on what would set a new cycling cap apart, MAAP and New Era’s design teams put their heads together to develop the perfect accessory for the hottest riding conditions—a first in this space. The Stealth Performance Cap is designed to maximise airflow, pairing together carefully constructed highly breathable and sweat-wicking fabrics with laser cut perforations through the centre, and an elasticated internal sweatband to keep perspiration at bay. All seams have been taped for comfort and reflective graphics provide increased visibility for riders safety.
“Design and performance have always been at the front of mind when creating our product. To develop a cap from the ground up that is tailor made specifically for cyclists, in partnership with such an iconic headwear manufacturer is a really exciting new chapter for our brand”, said Misha Glisovic, MAAP Creative Director.
Get ahead in three MAAP exclusive colours: black, blue, and bone; colour matched to the rest of the range to make choosing your kit a breeze.
Limited quantities available online now via maap.cc or through your local MAAP dealer.
● Collaboration with New Era, specifically designed for hot riding conditions
● High wicking and highly breathable
● Laser-cut perforations through centre panel for maximum airflow
● All seams taped
● Reflective external graphics
● Elasticated internal sweatband
● More info at: maap.cc
100% – Rideley Own the Road
Introducing Our Newest Retro & Race-Inspired Active Performance Frame
● Visit us online at: www.100percent.com
S-Works Prevail II Vent: Cooler Heads Will Always Prevail
The new S-Works Prevail II Vent’s massive cooling power helps better regulate your body’s temperature to keep you cooler so that you’ll always be ready when your ride heats up.
●The new 5th Dimension Cooling System, with its redesigned, patented, carbon fiber and aramid-reinforced skeleton, provides internal EPS support allowing for 20% larger vents with deep internal channels and aligned exhaust ports.
● Additionally, the new perforated MIPs SL pad kit keeps moisture moving and allows for even more breathability.
● Our ANGi Crash Sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before. When combined with our iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with our app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking. Your new helmet even includes a lifetime subscription to the Specialized Ride app.
● Our ultralight and supremely comfortable version of MIPS, MIPS SL, has only gotten better. We’ve added perforations, along with a ripstop mesh to maximize breathability and performance. With MIPS SL, we’ve essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL’s minimalist “watchband” attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
● Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
● Ultralight Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
● Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
● Tri-Fix web splitter improves comfort and ease of strap adjustments, while an in-strap webbing system delivers ultralight construction and security.
● Five Star Virginia Tech® Helmet Rating ™—Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University awarded the helmet its highest rating of five stars.
● More at: www.specialized.com
Introducing The DynaPlugger
Featherweight Tubeless Repair Kit
Dynaplug introduces another leap forward in tubeless repair technology today with the launch of the DynaPlugger. Creators of the original tubeless repair kit, Dynaplug is proud to announce the expansion of the line with the new bombproof and wallet-friendly solution. Simply insert into the puncture and pull straight out, fixing your flat in seconds without the mess.
Molded from Glass-Filled Nylon, weighing a scant 35 grams, made in Chico, CA – the new DynaPlugger is a one-stop solution for road/trailside repairs. The silicone end cap stores an additional insertion tube, providing double the flat protection in the same package. With a price tag of $29.99, the DynaPlugger is perfect for new riders and seasoned cyclists alike. Available today at dynaplug.com.
Simple, Rugged, Rad – Made In The USA, available today at dynaplug.com.
● Constructed from Glass Filled Nylon with Aluminum Insert
● Silicone end Cap with additional insertion tube storage
● Made In Chico, CA
● Weight: 35 Grams
● Packaging designed by SF cyclist Chas Christiansen
● Dimensions: 4.875 x .875
● MSRP: 29.99
● More info at: dynaplug.com.
● 1 – Dynaplug® DynaPlugger™ Tool
● 3 – Standard Plugs
● 1 – Standard Insertion Tube
● 1 – Mega Insertion Tube
● 1 – Pipe Cleaner
Swiftwick’s High-Tech Flite XT Sock
Swiftwick’s high-tech Flite XT sock, a great option for both indoor and outdoor workouts. Flite XT is Swiftwick’s signature stability sock, featuring GripDry fibers on the sole that help secure your foot inside your shoe and AnkleLock technology that helps stabilize your ankles. Olefin fibers aid in sweat-wicking to keep your feet dry and blister-free. Flite XT is a great choice for all workouts–from running and high-impact fitness classes to golf and racquet sports.
● More info at: swiftwick.com
Note: PezCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.