Ladies AllRide Skills Camps come back strong in 8th season – Women of all mountain bike skill levels are being invited back for the eighth season of Ladies AllRide mountain bike skills camps. In iconic trail destination from the East Coast to the Desert West, 14 camps are open this spring, summer & autumn.
Developed with an eye on getting more women into mountain biking, Ladies AllRide founder and “director of inspiration” Lindsey Richter describes how mountain biking helped improve her mental health, “and realizing what I’m capable of, to trust myself more and how to get past obstacles.”
Richter continues, “I wanted to pay this knowledge forward by helping as many women as possible discover their full potential on and off the bike. Our incredible team of certified, skilled, and passionate coaches are committed to our mission to help more people who identify as women reap the benefits of mountain biking. We not only teach valuable bike handling skills, we also inspire them to ride through any insecure, fear-based thoughts that inhibit growth and success on a bike and in life. We provide the tools to help women understand that the same skills their bikes need from them to get over obstacles – determination, balance, and momentum – apply equally to their lives.”
Supported by Liv bikes & SRAM, riders can demo Liv bikes, and will also learn bike setup & maintenance skills, in addition to on-the-bike skills.
Trail riding and skilling building locations this year include: Bentonville, AR; Bend, OR; Grand Targhee, WY; Lyndonville & Burke Mountain, VT; Whitefish, MT; Flathead Lake Lodge, MT; and Sedona, AZ.
Registration is open now for all locations at: LadiesAllRide.com
Where (else) to Ride & Race
- US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship Returns to NC, March 18-20 – Following a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship rolls back into Wrightsville Beach in a few weeks, on March 18-20. The biggest East Coast race of its type on the oceanfront at the Blockade Runner Beach Resort, “The US Open Fat Bike Beach Championship is about having fun and competing on a unique course,” said race director David Ellegood, President of the Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association (SORBA) Cape Fear chapter. “The race is held one hundred percent in the sand, and each year the course and beach obstacles change, creating unpredictable levels of difficulty.” Registration here and more info from CapeFearSORBA.org and the race’s Facebook.
- Bentonville Bike Fest races into 2022 – Bentonville, Arkansas’ festival returns for its second year June 17-19 at the Mama Bear pump track next to 8th Street Market, with a world record attempt, a UCI trials competition & more. The free entry Bentonville Bike Fest is jumping even higher and cornering even faster this year – in addition to an expanded expo, the 2022 edition will feature a fondo event and a world record attempt by one of the world’s best trials cyclists. BentonvilleBikeFest.com
More Gear & Deals
- New Niner RLT 9 RDO colors & Win a WFO e9 eMTB – Niner’s popular Race Day Optimized carbon gravel bike gets a flashy new look in 2022 in this Blood Red/Silver (shown) and another Avalanche Grey/Slate for the RLT 9 RDO. And from now until March 1, click over to Fly Rides USA, a Niner dealer in southern California, and enter to win their big WFO e9 mountain bike. With 180mm travel and a powerful Bosch drive system, this bike will get you up any hill and down any mountain in capable style. All you have to do is visit the entry page and fill out your form. They’ll even ship your prize anywhere in the USA! NinerBikes.com
- Limited edition KOO Demos x Strade Bianche sunglasses – KOO are partnering with Strade Bianche again, and have a special limited edition pair of Demos sunglasses to celebrate the white sterrato roads and stunning Tuscan landscape. They get a new ‘Siena Red Mirror Lens’ to protect from the sunlight of the early spring days and a white roads frame already speckled with signature Italian dust. The limited-edition Demos sell for $199 / 175€, exclusively available from KOOworld.cc
- Restrap Frame Protectors in contrasting white contours to darker bikes – The simple little vinyl frame protection kit from Restrap, now also comes in white, letting you add their contrasting contours against darker colored bikes. The $15 / 13€ sticker pack protects the paint in areas where you mount bikepacking bags to your frame, designed to keep precious adventure bikes looking good longer. Restrap.com
- Short Factory Racing testing prototype Hunt Proven carbon MTB wheels – Isla Short is back for another season XC racing with the Hunt family, but also with a bit of EWS thrown in. We spotted Short racing on prototype Hunt Proven Carbon XC wheels with bladed carbon spokes last summer when we profiled her Orbea Oiz race bike. Now she’s racing a Juliana, and HUnt confirms those prototype wheels will be coming soon to consumers this season. HuntBikeWheels.com